Monday, February 18, 2013

satisfaction

Apparently (I read somewhere) the endorphins created by having my ankles stroked are similar to those released by fucking. That's as maybe, as I never forego the opportunity to place my bare feet in his wide lap to receive his fingerly administrations along the thin skin, my toes nestled close to the warmth of his balls in comfortable appreciation. However, I can't compare any pleasure I receive to that of the satisfaction of waking of a morning with sticky orifices and pinched flesh.

Savoury, you say? Try this easiest Roast Onion Soup, with or without artery-clogging cheddar islands. 

4 medium onions 
A glug of olive oil (or butter, if you insist)
A glass of white wine1.5 lt vegetable stock
A small loaf .. sunflower and spelt seed is a favourite
Grated Gruyere, Emmental or other good melting cheese - a few generous handfuls

Set the oven to medium-hot. Peel the onions and cut them in half from tip to root, then lay them in a roasting tin and add the oil, salt and some pepper. Roast until they are tender and soft, and toasted dark brown here and there. You might have to turn them now and again.


Put the onions in a jug, and blend briefly. I wanted some mulched and some left in pieces. You could just chop instead, if you prefer. 


Put the onions in a saucepan with the wine and bring to the boil. Let the wine bubble until it almost disappears (you just want the flavour, not the alcohol), then pour in the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for about twenty minutes.

Just before you want to serve the soup, make the cheese croutes. Cut the loaf into thin slices and toast lightly on one side under a hot grill. Turn them over and sprinkle with the grated cheese. Get the soup hot, ladle it into bowls and float the cheese croutes on top.
Enough for 4.

3 comments:

An Artist Exposed said...

The cosy scene made me smile :) I love onion soup and - yes - cheddary islands are needed today!

Freddy said...

Having her feet in my lap to be stroked and rubbed with foot creme is the closest wife and I get to sex these days.
Waking with sticky protuberances and pinched flesh is no longer something that happens Chez Freddy :-(

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.